Storyteller Overland Mode 4×4 Sprinter Upgrades
Storyteller’s Classic, Stealth & Beast Mode 4x4s are the ultimate Sprinter-based adventure vans! Their luxurious yet utilitarian builds and state-of-the-art Volta lithium power system make it the ideal RV for a weekend adventure or long sting living off-the-grid. The Mode 4×4 is well equipped for adventure from the factory. Agile Off Road performs a variety of services & accessory installations to turn a good overland-ing platform into a great one!
- Horns – There’s no beating around the bush, the factory Sprinter horn is wimpy. We upgrade the Revel with a set of PIAA double bass horns.
- PedalBox+ – Improve your Sprinter’s sluggish acceleration & throttle response with a DTE PedalBox.
- PowerControl X – Increase horsepower, torque & reduce fuel consumption with DTE’s plug-and-play dyno-proven tuner.
- WeBoost – Boost your wireless signal in remote locations
- AO Powerhouse 2200 Generator Box – Safely mount & securely store your Honda EU2200 on the rear door of your Revel with the AO Powerhouse 2200 generator box! With integrated receivers for the feet & internal tie-down points, travel assured knowing your generator will not budge in transit. The lockable & removable hardshell lid makes it easy to dismount the generator for use. The Powerhouse’s reinforced bottom makes it the perfect place to mount a Rotopax gas container.
- Aluminess – Add bumpers, light bars & storage boxes to your Mode 4×4 with goods from Aluminess.
- AMP Powersteps – Upgrade from the factory fix sidesteps to the sleek, retractable Powerstep from AMP Research. Installed using an Agile designed DirectConnect door trigger to ensure flawless operation and VS30 Sprinter compatibility.
- Backwoods Bumper – Add better protection, rugged good looks, and increase off-road capabilities with the Backwoods Nomad aluminum front & rear bumpers
- Black Out Appearance Kit – Ditch the chrome! Give your rig a more sporty appearance with a blacked-out appearance kit featuring front & rear emblems.
- Hood Wrap – Set your Sprinter apart from the rest with a vinyl hood wrap! Choose from satin black, carbon fiber or hundreds of other 3M film options.
- Lightbar – Increase nighttime & off-road visibility with a roof rack mounted 40″ Rigid Industries LED light bar
- Line-X – Ruggedize your exterior while protecting the body & paint with Line-X. Line-X coating can be applied to the lower body moldings, bumpers, hood & grill, or to the whole van!
- Fuel Tank – Our rear-mounted 28-gallon auxiliary fuel tank will allow your 4×4 Sprinter to travel further & explore longer
- MaxTrax – MaxTrax are excellent vehicle recovery & extraction devices, however, they can be cumbersome. We use Front Runner brackets to easily mount & store MaxTrax on the Mode roof rack.
- Onboard Air – Air down your tires off road, and air up when you get back on pavement. Our OnBoard air kit adds air sources to the front & rear of your 4×4 and tucks an ARB twin-compressor neatly in your engine bay.
- Skid Plates – We offer protective skid plates for engine, transmission & transfer case, and rear differential
- Winches – Add a Warn winch, tow hooks, Rigid lights & Factor 55 hardware to the factory front bumper of your Sprinter with our Hidden Winch Recovery kit.
- RIP-Kit (Mode 4×4 Spec) – It’s no secret the factory Sprinter 4×4 suspension leaves a lot of room for improvement. Our Mode 4×4-specific Ride Improvement Package accomplishes just that with custom leaf springs, front & rear Fox shocks, front coil over conversion, and more!
- Stop The Sway! – Agile’s STS Sprinter products do just that. Upgraded shocks & struts packages will help your Mode stay composed – Whether you’re pulling out of an uneven driveway, pulling past a semi or traversing rough terrain.
Wheel & Tire
- AO Big Brake Upgrade – Big rigs need big brakes! Agile & Alcon present our Military-grade Big Brake Upgrade kit! Includes 6-piston front & 4-piston rear calipers, zinc-finished for maximum corrosion protection. The large 2-piece rotors (13.5″ front & 14″ rear vs. factory 12″ front & 11.75″ rear) reduce disc temperatures, pad work rates, increase brake torque & reduce pedal effort. Includes stainless steel brake lines. Works with most 17″ Sprinter wheels & works with factory Mercedes master cylinder & ABS system.
- Spare Tire – We stock factory Storyteller Mode 4×4 Signature wheels and BFGoodrich 265/65-R18 tires so that you may now carry a matching full size spare. Larger sized tires and aftermarket wheels options from Black Rhino, EvoCorse, Method Race & TrailReady are also available!
- Tire Carrier – Store a 5th wheel & tire on the back with our Sprinter Rear Door Tire Carrier. It installs simply & securely with hand tools, allows the rear door to swing without impediment, and is built to look great & last a lifetime with durable stainless steel construction and quality powder coating.
- “No-Rub” Fenders – VS30 Sprinter owners (2019+) require our ABS/TPO plastic replacement front fenders to accommodate any tire larger than stock. No Rub fenders are available in textured black & smooth color -match painted finishes.
February 19, 2020
Storyteller à la Mode
We’ve been up fitting A LOT of new rigs for La Mesa RV lately. Most have been Winnebago Revel Sprinters or the occasional Travato (based on the Ram Promaster). But we’re most stoked about this 2020 Storyteller Mode 4x4! From the factory the Mode is one the more upscale Class B Sprinter-based RVs. It boasts [...]