4x4 Van Conversion
Do you have a 2-wheel drive Ford van or a 4-wheel drive van that under-performs? We can install our custom, long travel, Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam 4×4 conversion in your existing 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive van for a surprisingly competitive price. Contact us via telephone or email for a quote.
Our finished product is neither a monster van, nor an overdone urban-assault vehicle. What you’ll wind up with is the best designed, riding and performing 4×4 van both on and off-road.
Typical Conversion Involves:
- Removal of existing front suspension and axle components
- Modification of crossmember and gusset for clearance and pivot mounting
- Installation of TTB pivot and radius arm pivot brackets
- Installation of powder-coated AO D50 TTB J-Arms with cromoly radius arms and spherical bearing center pivots with 4.10 gear ratio
- Installation of Borg Warner 1256 transfer case with electronic shift
- Installation of rebuilt and balanced front and rear drive shafts
- Installation of Fox Performance Series 2.0 custom-valved shock absorbers, coil springs, AO Add-a-Leafs and rear lift blocks
- Installation of Fox Performance Series 2.0 steering stabilizer
- Modification of gas tank for clearance of transfer case
After hearing repeated complaints from owners about the harsh ride and handling of their Ford E-series Quigley and QuadVan 4×4 conversions, we tested a few of them and confirmed a serious need for improvement. Having more than 20 years of experience in off-road racing and suspension tuning, we immediately knew that major improvements could be made with minimal expense and modification.
Both the Quigley and QuadVan 4×4 conversions are very sound designs with proven functionality and reliability, but drive them over speed bumps, pot holes, or off-road, and you may begin to doubt your purchase decision. Here’s the problem: their front suspension suffers from limited bump travel primarily due to the front frame cross member interfering with the front axle differential housing at full bump. In both designs, cross members are modified to provide maximum clearance, but the unintended result of this modification is an underwhelming 1.5 inches (or less) of bump travel before the front suspension “bottoms out.” Any impact is directly transferred to the van and its unfortunate occupants.
These vans are designed and built for off-road performance and handling, but in reality, these vans spend most of their lives on the pavement…and it is on the pavement where their performance suffers most. Complaints primarily relate to on-road handling concerns of excessive body roll, “swim,” and back-and-forth wallow while simply entering driveways or crossing irregular surfaces.
Over several months–and with the help of FOX–we spent many hours testing, measuring, cycling, timing and tuning the suspension to optimize the existing design of these Quigley and QuadVan 4×4 conversions. Our “Ride Improvement Package” AKA “RIP” — custom tuned and valved FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shocks, FOX Performance Series ATS Stabilizer and matched coil springs — once installed, doubles the bump travel, increases the overall travel, increases the spring height and spring rate, eliminates binding of the sway bar, provides rear suspension ride stability and controls body roll and sway.
Give us a call to discuss your needs. Better yet, provide us with some information about you and your van, and we can send you a quote.
We’re located in a business park with entrances on both Greenfield Drive and Magnolia Avenue. Many addresses within the development are not found correctly by GPS systems and Google Maps so trying to find us without a little help can be very frustrating.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Set your GPS or search on Google Maps for 1308 Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020
- Enter the business park by driving through the parking area in front of All-Star Glass (in the 1st building)
- Continue straight to the next (2nd) building and turn right
- Agile Off-Road is located at the rightmost corner of the (3rd) building directly in front of you
What We Do
Ford E Series Quigley and QuadVan 4x4s are built for off-road performance but spend most of their lives on the pavement. These vans need not bottom-out, swim back-and-forth on the highway, wallow while entering driveways or, worse, scare off your friends from ever wanting to go with you anywhere in your van. Take a look at how we can improve your ride.
Do you have a van that under-performs? Agile Off-Road's custom, long travel, Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam 4-wheel drive system installed in your existing 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive van will give you the best riding 4x4 van on and off road. Take a look at how we can make your van more capable.
Ride Improvement Package "RIP" Quote Request
* = required field
Interested in Mercedes Sprinter Struts?
Agile Off-Road and Fox Shox are currently developing a Mercedes Sprinter Strut. Provide us with your contact information and we'll keep you informed.
* = required field